I’ll be going over some of the pros and cons of the Nerf Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Tagger.
The Phoenix LTX is the second kind of tagger I’ve ever owned, but my top recommended tagger for those new to Laser Tag.
The Good: Pros of the Nerf Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Tagger 2- pack
Where do I begin? They come in a set of 2, one gold and the other blue.
This makes it easy to distinguish who’s on your team just in case you forget. FYI Friendly fire can’t harm you anyway.
No vests necessary; the sensor is on the tagger. You can buy multiple sets, as I have, and they’re all compatible. They’re very easy to use and have a ton of cool features.
- Indoor/Outdoor infrared settings option for better accuracy depending on where you’re playing
- 10 second countdown at the start of the game, so you can run like heck to get away from the other team
- Option for team play or solo play (every man/child/man-child for themselves)
- 10 lives vs 25 lives – for handicapping purposes
- Shield function – Up to 10 seconds of invincibility where no shots affect you. Kind of like Super Mario when he grabs the star.
- Life meter to see how close you are to being tagged out of the game
- Cool Star Trek Computer sounding voice to give you status updates eg “Low Life”…Who you calling a low life?!
- Reload function to simulate reloading a gun after you’ve fired 10 shots.
- Ridiculous range on the lasers – I’m talking football field range
- Vibrations to indicate you’ve been hit….which is much preferable to a paint ball to the back of the neck. But I digress.
The Bad: Cons of the Nerf Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Tagger 2- pack
The main drawback to these taggers is that they each use 6 AA batteries. These taggers are definitely not battery vampires, but it is something to consider. I started out using AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Batteries, and they last at least 4 hours of continuous use without needing to recharge. But regular batteries work fine, as well. I would estimate they need to be swapped out after 3 very long sessions.
Another potential con, which I don’t really mind, is the lack of multiple weapon settings ie switching from a pistol to a machine gun to a rocket launcher. This is a feature young kids seem to enjoy; and there are definitely taggers that highlight this feature, most notably the Kidzlane taggers.
Other than that though, I can’t say enough good things about this product. I have 5 sets of them, so they’re my go-to taggers whenever my large extended family come together. I highly recommend the Phoenix LTX. Adults and kids alike love them. This is a top-notch reasonably priced product, folks. You won’t be disappointed!
Check out the Phoenix LTX tagger on Amazon.
Prices were up for a bit but are now back to normal.