LTV2 – Vanilla Laser Tag (Every Man for Himself)
aka VLT Solo
Minumum 4 taggers. Recommended number of players: 6 to 10
Recommended Taggers: Multiple sets of Nerf Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Tagger 2-Packs
How to Play:
- Find a wide open outdoor space – backyard, park, picnic area of a forest preserve
- Everyone meet in a middle neutral area to sync up the guns. Make sure all players set their taggers to Solo play
- Everyone presses their triggers at the same time. This sets off the 10 second countdown voice.
- Everyone runs like heck to get away from the other players and let the games begin!!
- Start firing at anyone in order to eliminate them.
- When a player is out of lives, they walk back to a neutral area that is out of play.
- Last man standing wins the game.
The last player standing receives 3 points
If time runs out and there is no clear winner, then everyone still alive receives 1 point.
Each player has a cumulative point total for the entire Laser Tag Session, which generally is a minimum 4 games.
Like VLT, we hardly play VLT solo anymore, except when introducing new players to the game.
But the rules for VLT solo are the foundation for the more complex (and fun) variations of “Every Man For Himself” Laser Tag.
What I like about Solo Play is that it leaves room for creating alliances and mutually beneficial cooperation in a game that is supposed to be every man for himself. Setting up multiple alliances is particularly fun(ny) when two of your alliance partners, who don’t have alliances with each other, help you eliminate the other one after they’ve already helped you eliminate everyone else. Hm.. I think I might be evil.
If playing with kids or newbies, set their taggers to 25 lives.
For adults or experienced taggers, set their taggers to 10 lives.