LTV1 – Vanilla Laser Tag – Team Play
An even number of taggers. Minimum 4. Recommended number of players: 6 or 8
Recommended Taggers: 3 to 4 sets of Nerf Lazer Tag Phoenix LTX Tagger 2-Packs
How to Play:
- Find a wide open outdoor space – backyard, park, picnic area of a forest preserve
- Split up in to 2 teams of the same number of players. If you’re using the Phoenix taggers, you can split up in to a Gold Team and a Blue Team
- Everyone meet in a middle neutral area to sync up the taggers. Make sure all of the players on each team set their taggers to the same same team number ie All of the Gold Team sets their taggers to Team 1 and all of the Blue Team sets their taggers to Team 2.
- Everyone presses their triggers at the same time. This sets off the 10 second countdown voice.
- Everyone runs like heck to get away from the other team and let the games begin!!
- Start firing at the other team in order to eliminate them.
- When a player is out of lives, they walk back to an out of play neutral area.
- If all of the players on a team are eliminated, the other team wins the game!
Each player on the winning team receives 3 points if you’re still in and 2 points if you’re out.
+1 point if you’re the captain of the winning team.
If time runs out and there is no clear winner, then everyone still alive receives 1 point.
Each player has a cumulative point total for the entire Laser Tag Session, which generally is a minimum of 4 games.
We hardly play Vanilla Laser Tag anymore, except when introducing new players to the game.
But the rules for VLT are the foundation for the more complex (and fun) variations of the game.
If playing with kids or newbies, set their taggers to 25 lives, while the adults or experienced players, set their taggers to 10 lives.